Monday 15 July 2013

Study Buddy: Steaz Energy (Berry Flavour) Review

Since I'm currently on a study-with-Steaz-energy binge I thought it would be the perfect time to do a quick little review of this drink so here it is!

If you don't know what Steaz is already, it's a company which makes tea-based beverages with an emphasis on environmental sustainability and enviro-ethics. I'm not entirely sure about their other products but this energy drink is fair-trade, and certified both organic and vegan.

I was once a bit of an energy drink junkie during my pre-vegan days in high school. Rockstar, Redbull, Amp, Monster,... none of that nonsense did anything they claimed they would for me. Like many people, each drink just gave me an hour of hyper productivity until I crashed and slept good 8 hours. I'm happy to report that I won't be categorizing Steaz with the energy drinks of my past.

This stuff actually keeps me wide awake for at least an extra 3 hours. It may not sound like a lot but if you're a student you should know that a few hours can make the difference between an B+ and an A.

Obviously, being an energy drink and all, it is not the healthiest thing you can pour down your throat. It is a pretty high in sodium, carbs, and sugars however it is still much better than many of the other energy drinks on the market. The only thing that Steaz Energy really has in common with other energy drinks is that they all are expensive. One box of 4 cans costs about $9.99 but I always wait until these are 50% off at the Superstore before I buy any. Quite frankly I don't think they're worth their regular retail price.
I should note on here that the energy drinks I have purchased thus far are not the new ones listed on their website. The only differences between the old and new appear to be the packaging and a the last 3 ingredients (the new ones contain Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL), Folic Acid, and Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) in addition to the old ingredients)

Bottom line: Yes, it's worth trying but probably not buying regularly. 

Ingredients: Sparkling Filtered Water, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Acai Juice, Natural Flavor, Organic Yerba Mate Extract, Citric Acid, Organic Guarana Extract, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Green Tea Extract, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)

No comments:

Post a Comment