Tuesday 6 August 2013

DermaMed Acne Wash Review

Thus far, all of my review post have have been pretty positive so now I think it would be a good time to blog about a product I absolutely hate. One of the first products that comes to mind is DermaMed's Ance Wash.

I should begin by saying that my skin isn't exactly oily or acne-prone, however it does begin to look pretty wretched come exam time or other stressful periods of my life. For the most part it's usually just groups of small pock marks that appear within my t-zone and occasionally larger blemishes. I usually can manage them well but there are times where my skin is nothing if not unruly. I decided to buy and try this wash during one of those times.

Assuming you actually were able to use this product regularly, a 240 ml bottle would probably last you a couple months. This isn't too bad since a bottle is only about $15 at most drug stores/whole food stores. And here comes the big but: unless you have incredibly oily, acne-prone skin (and I mean full on breakouts every single day), you will likely toss this product just like I did.

I have tried using this product on multiple occasions but come the third day of daily use my skin always looks like a poorly maintained vintage leather handbag (boo leather). It's absolutely awful. Not only does this wash siphon the moisture right out of my skin, it also does very little for my acne blemishes. If anything, it only makes them appear more red and angry-looking. I truly could not be more unhappy. The only thing positive thing I could say about this wash is that I like it's funk green colour (which is at least a little suspicious, especially for something you're going to slather all over your face).


Bottom line: Unless you have INCREDIBLY oily skin, do not buy or try this - you will likely be wasting your money. 

Ingredients: Water, Vegetable Base from Coconut, 2.0% Salicylic acid, Green Tea Extract.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I would absolutely disagree with you! It's a great product, I love this Acne Wash. I don't have exactly oily or acne prone skin either, I'm using this product for about a month and the breakouts I had are healing and disappearing and no new breakouts! It also made my skin smoother and shiny. I would recommend this DermaMed Acne Wash to everyone who actually cares about their skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Elana. I've been using this wash for years now and I have to agree 100%.

      Delete